COVID-19 VOLUNTEER IDEAS
Want to help? Here are some ideas of ways you can volunteer with Angels and continue the mission during these unusual times. Due to COVID-19, we must limit how many people can come inside our facility. However, you can still make a big difference right now! Check out our remote COVID-19 volunteering ideas:
- Clean out your closet! We all have items which no longer fit us, or perhaps isn’t our style anymore. By cleaning out your closet and donating your clothes, you are helping someone in need gain a much-needed outfit. Please note, we are not accepting clothing donations until January 12th, 2021. Hold onto your clothes until then!
- Make a card for a veteran or elderly individual! A large population we serve are veterans, particularly older folks who are living in assisted living or nursing homes. Because of COVID-19, they have been unable to have in-person visitations. Making a card is a great way to brighten up their day! Maybe your child’s whole class/scout troop/sports team/club can get in on the fun and make a bunch of cards.
- Sew masks! If you are able to sew, creating fabric masks would create a significant difference right now. Many of our clients have expressed a barrier to face masks due to costs. With a fabric mask, they are able to use it over and over again, rather than buying a disposable mask multiple times.
- Hold a local item specific donation drive with your friends, neighbors, coworkers for things like toiletries, non-perishable food, winter coats/hats/gloves, pet food, etc. Make it a fun “Virtual Angel Event” and share on your social media. Have a drop box at your house/office and share pictures with us!
- Create a “Cooking Bag” – Do you have a favorite recipe? Share it with a family in need. In a bag, include all the ingredients, plus a copy of your favorite recipe. Include a gift card to buy perishables if needed.
- Create a “Dessert Baking Bag” – Similar to the cooking bag… except this one is for desserts! Create a bag with all the items needed to bake a cake, cookies or brownies. You could include a gift card to buy recipe perishables if needed. The “Baking Bag” could also include a baking sheet, mixing spoon, etc. These are items that families in need do not always have access to.
- Family Fun Day – In this bag, you can include a new game, craft DIY kits, DVD, microwave popcorn, snacks, etc. This way, a family in need will have a day of fun!
- Pet Food Drive – Let’s not forget our furry friends! Families have a hard time putting food on the table and often struggle to feed their best friends – their pets.Make a donation of dog / cat food, treats, kitty litter, etc. to help the pets of our clients.